WELCOME TO HENFIELD CEMETERY
The Cemetery, which is managed and maintained by Henfield Parish Council is non-denominational and remains open at all times throughout the year.
The Cemetery is a serene and tranquil tree lined area north of the Parish Church of St Peter’s.
A number of benches provide seating for those wanting a place for quiet contemplation and remembrance.
NEW CEMETERY EXTENSION
Immediately north of the Cemetery is an area of land which has been designated as an extension of the Cemetery. Planning Permission was granted in January 2020 for the new extension to be created. More details can be found here
HISTORY OF HENFIELD CEMETERY
In 1884 The Parochial Church Council took out a loan to purchase a new burial ground because the churchyard at St Peter's Parish Church, Henfield had become full.
The southern part of the cemetery opened in 1885 and in 1894 the first Henfield Parish Council was elected
The Council took over the administration of the cemetery, and has continued to do so since that time.
FIND OUT MORE
CEMETERY SERVICESFIND OUT MORE
MEMORIAL WALLFIND OUT MORE
REGULATION & FEESFIND OUT MORE
FORMSFIND OUT MORE
CEMETERY EXTENSIONFIND OUT MORE
Find out more about your Parish Councillors and the Parish Office TeamREAD MORE
Find the Parish Council Policies and Henfield Parish Council's Public Open DataREAD MORE
Find out about the role of the Parish Council and the other Local Authorities, Horsham District Council and West Sussex County CouncilREAD MORE